Saturday, July 18, 2015

"The creation of something new is not accomplished by the intellect but by the play instinct acting from inner necessity. The creative mind plays with the objects it loves." ~ Carl Jung


I know that I have mentioned before that I have collected things over the years in anticipation of one day having a place near the ocean. When that day finally happened with our purchase of a small condo in Florida last year, I set about gathering those things and bringing them down. Others, I needed to create, like the mirror I posted about last year

A number of years ago Bruce and I were in the car when we passed a pile of discarded windows alongside the road. He pulled over, as per my "Please pull over - I want one of those!" requests! When asked what my intentions for this old window were, I said that one day I wanted to cover it in sea glass and shells for when we had a place near the water! I had been a very "positive thinker" in this regard!

Well - years later, I have finally completed that dream. Armed with a bit of white paint, and sea glass and shells that I had on hand, I set to work. 

I gave the frame a light coat of white paint - I wanted the frame to still look a bit rough.
Next came some decorative swirls!
Then sea glass and shells!
The last step was to add liquid resin to the top. This was my first time using resin and it was really very easy.
The resin allows each piece to look as though it is in water - a bit difficult to see by the pictures - but very cool!


Between the glue (E6000) and the resin (Aluminite Amazing Clear Cast) I put about $30 into this project - I think it came out great, and it will travel with me to Florida the next time I head down!

 I love it!

2 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful, Tracy!! And I love the story of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is indeed lovely. You have so much creativity--and foresight!

    ReplyDelete