Saturday, May 23, 2015

"You can't go wrong with relatively simple comfort food. It's also about ease. Some cook to impress. I cook for people to enjoy the food." ~ Al Roker

Another night of BITE! Tierney chose "comfort food" for our evening. What does that conjure up in your mind? For me it is anything that has to do with soup, macaroni and cheese, Thanksgiving. What a fun theme!

For our appetizer, my dish of the evening, I searched my mind. Comfort food as an appetizer? I remember my grandmother's clam dip every Thanksgiving, and just thinking about it makes me happy, but I was not sure if I would call it a comfort food. I sought Bruce's input and he wisely said "anything with mashed potatoes". Yes, talk about comforting! Loaded Mashed Potato Cups had it covered, with its addition of cheddar, sour cream and bacon. Yum!


Watermelon Water

For our side-dish, Ellen made a delicious pizza, thoughtfully spilt down the middle with mushroom on one side and onions and peppers on the other (for the non-fungi among us - me). She made her own sauce with a recipe that she found at Tasteofhome.com/


A huge hit!

For our main dish, Tierney began to make Gnocchi with Spring Vegetables, but when the gnocchi did not turn out the way that she wanted, she changed to pasta. The recipes calls for the addition of asparagus, snap peas, fiddleheads and ramps. The last two ingredients were found in her backyard! So delicious - so delicious!



Lastly, for dessert, Chris made Carrot Cake.  Scrumptious!


I knew that Bruce was going to love all of the leftovers from this meal (he always does, but this one in particular included some favorites).

Wonderful food and evening. Till next time - Fruit!

2 comments: