Saturday, February 14, 2015

"For me, there is deep satisfaction in seeing people, with a particular skill set and a real passion, produce a beautiful thing...." ~ Anthony Bourdain


http://www.eater.com/drinks/2015/2/5/7986755/anthony-bourdain-partners-with-balvenie-scotch-for-raw-craft-video
I have often shared here my love of all things "process". I love to see how things are made; where inspiration comes from; and what materials are used. Knowing this, Bruce passed on to me an article that he found in Forbes Magazine about a new series devoted to this subject. I admit that I was somewhat surprised to find that it refers to a new online series hosted by (kind-of) bad-boy Anthony Bourdain. I have enjoyed his various series and books over the years focusing on the craft of the kitchen and of cooking in countries all over the world. I guess that it really should not have surprised me though. He has long been devoted to how people from every continent craft meals through tradition and foods on hand. And one of his newest ventures, Parts Unknown, through CNN seems to be a cross between food and a sociological look at communities.

Below you will find the series premiere, and below that, the first episode - which coincidentally takes place in Syracuse, NY - my backyard up north. I am really looking forward to this, and to follow a whole new line of adventures with Anthony Bourdain.

(go directly to My Blog if the videos do not come through)



2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to playing the video a little later - thanks a lot for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like something I would absolutely love. I'm so intrigued by what people do and why they do it. Thank you for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete