Wednesday, December 10, 2014

“The most colorful thing in the world is black and white, it contains all colors and at the same time excludes all.” ~ Vikrmn, 10 Alone


Several days ago, my good friend Judy asked me to participate in the 5-day, black and white photo challenge. I shared my photo selections on Face Book, culminating today. I'm sharing my photo choices in today's post. 

This was a fun and interesting exercise, and it brought about some good Face Book conversation. What is appealing to one may not be to another - how wonderful that we all see things through a different lens!  

All of the photos, except the last one, are mine.

Day 1 - Taken on Ballston Beach on Cape Cod




Day 2 - Taken on the Pamet Trail on Cape Cod




Day 3 - Taken at the Florida Oceanographic Institute in Stuart, Florida



Day 4 - Taken in Sarasota, Florida



Day 5 - and my all time favorite black and white photo, taken by The Cortland Standard when my son, Alex was about 2-years old (he will be 27 next month). I never had a color copy. I imagine that I could fill in the color blanks if I tried, but this is the way I have always known this picture - I love it so, just as it is.


3 comments:

  1. The photo of Alex is priceless. Your black and white vs. color comparisons are really interesting. The shark photo transformed quite a bit - so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tracy for sharing this. Gonna share it on my twitter @Vikrmn for 10 Alone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a pleasure to have you respond to my blog post. Thank you!

      Delete