Wednesday, August 13, 2014

"Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow." ~ Helen Keller


I recently had a friend pass on the Positivity Challenge to me via FaceBook. The Positivity Challenge entails posting three things daily, for five days, that make you happy. You may pass the challenge on to someone else each day, or all on Day 5, which is what I did.

The timing of this challenge was particularly good for me, since I'm feeling a tad stressed with so many things to take care of at the moment. How wonderful to pause and reflect on the things that bring me joy. Below, you will see what I posted each day. I end with a challenge for you!

Day 1

1. I am forever grateful that I have a husband who is loving, caring and supportive of all that I do, and that I have a son who has grown into a young man that I am so proud to say is my son.

2. I am so grateful for my sisters and my parents. I always have a safe place to land.

3. I beyond grateful to have friends flung far and wide. They bolster me, make me laugh, and inspire me every day!
 — feeling thankful.


Day 2

1. I am thankful for my step-children and grandchildren. They make the circle of my life ever wider and richer.

2. While I know that there is much work to be done, I am so happy that recent years have brought significant improvements in equal rights for those who are lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender.

3. I am so happy and grateful that after a life time of loving everything "ocean", Bruce and I have been able to purchase a small condo but 3 miles from the beach. It's not fancy, but it's our little slice of heaven!


Day 3

1. I am so happy that I recently decided to "unfollow" numerous "news" and "cause" sites on FaceBook. It's not that I don't care - I do. And it's not that I don't want to be informed - I do. It's just that I have found that they suck my time and leave me blue.

2. I'm so very happy that my son shares his life with a wonderful young woman.

3. I am grateful for my nieces, nephews and their significant others. They are all at such a fabulous time in their lives, and I love hearing about all of their latest adventures!


Day 4

1. I am never, ever, ever bored. Ever!

2. While I love the summer, autumn is my favorite season. It brought me joy to see the slightest touch of changing leaves as I was driving along yesterday.

3. In spite of the heavy heart that I share with most of you, I celebrate the happiness that Robin Williams brought to all of our lives.


And today, Day 5

1. I am so happy, now that my parents have decided to down-size, that they are moving full steam ahead!

2. Day after tomorrow I head to Vermont to spend a few days with Alex and Hannah!!!!!

3. While is seems that our world is going to hell in a hand-basket, I'm grateful to have been nudged to spend the last few days reflecting on the good things, of which there are many!

And now my challenge to you - please take time over the next several days to think of the things that bring YOU joy and happiness. Post them here, or post them to FaceBook, or most importantly - post them to your heart.


1 comment:

  1. Now that's a challenge I'm ready and willing to face! Thanks for sharing all that you're grateful for. You inspire and delight so many of us, so I'll begin my list for Day 1 by being thankful for our friendship.

    ReplyDelete